Want to enjoy the bacon without all of the unwanted calories and fat? Well, we have the recipe for you- one that will delight your taste buds and cure that craving for sumptuous sizzled pork… and it involves mushrooms, not meat. Yes, we’re talkin’ about vegetarian bacon made of pure shiitake mushrooms. Give this crunchy treat a try and you may never go back!
SHIITAKE BACON RECIPE
You will need:
½ pound shiitakes
2 tbls olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the shiitake mushrooms into 1/8 inch strips
- Mix shiitake slices with olive oil, sea salt, and if desired, smoked paprika
- Pour shiitake slices onto baking sheet with parchment paper or glass baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray
- Roast for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes, until shiitake bits are crisp and dark brown.
Enjoy your shiitake bacon alone, with eggs, or on a salad. Or, use in any recipe that calls for bacon bits.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CLICK HERE: RECIPES.